Tuesday, February 18, 2014




Tuesday, February 18th

Back to school finally!  I am so happy and I think the kids  are too.  Well, last week was a blur, once we got started, it snowed and we were out of school for 2 days which then was hooked onto a three day weekend.  Well,  WE'RE BACK!!!!

Last week we started a math unit on measurement.  We had a lot of fun traveling around the school measuring things with a ruler and yard stick.  We also did some converting of inches into feet.  It was fun and a well enjoyed lesson.  :-)





Cat measuring something on my desk



 This is Alexa measuring a pencil basket
Marie Clare measuring the "eraser" machine

Cat brought this palm tree back from Florida when she went for a visit.  I planted it and took her picture with it to see how big it will grow by the end of the year.

I hope I have this when Cat graduates from school.  It will be interesting to see how big it actually gets.  
Some of the boys measuring the length of a banner in the gym




Some of the boys in 3A went to the 4th grade wing and measured this Olympic banner hanging in the hallway
I'm not sure where these guys are.  Some of the
teachers invited the students into their classrooms
to measure something there.

This is Chris and Aidan working very hard on their video
they are making in Social Studies.  I can't wait to view
the end product!  

Jayden and Maddie measuring part of the water fountain.
sshhh, they might have snuck a drink or 2!




Aidan and Colin measuring the Endowment Tree plaque

I'm not sure who this is measuring the width of the bookshelf

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mrs Feist it is Colin cool blog by

    colin

    ReplyDelete