Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24, 2012          Place Value
Manic Monday.  Thats what I should call today.  It is always hectic on Mondays.  No matter how prepared I think I am, I'm not.  Its even my 2 BrEaK day!!  I always catch up, it just takes the rest of the day or into Tuesday.

Neat activity I did today for place value.  I gave each student a place value chart to glue into their copybook.  Then I gave each student a number on a piece of paper.  We are working on recognizing place value to the hundred thousands place.  I gave them various instructions, which they had to work on with the group that they were with.  The students at their seats had the write the number correctly in the chart.
Ex.  make the largest 10 thousand number that you can.

Here is a picture of the kids in action...

You can find the place value chart on the website mathtube.com


No comments:

Post a Comment